Each folder may contain one or more IPSW files. The iPad “iPad” could not be restored because the firmware file was corrupt. Your Mac or PC will automatically download an IPSW file from the Apple servers when you update or restore an Apple mobile device using iTunes or the Finder app.
- Then, choose the file types from the following interface.
- Therefore, securing your data in iTunes or iCloud as a backup before updating your iPhone to the latest iOS version is best.
- This is one of the most common mistakes iPhone users tend to make.
- Fixing the update failed issue with the help of iTunes can be an easy and effective way.
Uninstalling the antivirus software on your computer or iPhone can resolve this issue because such security software sometimes blocks installation of firmware. The problem “The iPhone could not be updated/restored because the firmware file was corrupt or is not compatible” mostly goes away after you uninstall antivirus software.
- Other causes of this error have to do with an incompatibility between an updated iTunes or iOS.
- File corrupted or not a valid VFF file.
- Similarly, if one of your Mac’s internal hardware components is damaged, it may cause a black screen of death.
- Here we recommend you an alternative to iTunes – AnyTrans, which is fitted with many powerful functions in comparison to iTunes.
Following is a handpicked list of Top iPhone Recovery Software stock firmware ROM, with their popular features and website links. The list contains both open source (free) and commercial (paid) software. No, unless the installer is unable to identify your startup disk and asks you to erase the drive.
We need to use some peripheral devices like keyboards, mouse, printers, etc. to improve the ease of usage on our computers. Another power-related issue is the malfunction of the power cycle count. Power cycle count estimates the remaining charge on your battery and when you need to recharge it. Also tried logging into iCloud to “Find My Phone” but the phone couldn’t be found (perhaps because it is disabled). Not sure how to reverse the disabled status. After downloading this professional data recovery software, you need to install it on a computer. After that, you can recover data after an iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo issue.